9:48:00 PM

Marriage like Christ's Love

Posted by Caleb Fleming |

I'm amazed, all the time.  My marriage is tough - but only at times.  Everybody has tough time in their life right?  Bad job, cruel people, too much work, not enough sleep.  It's good though right?

My marriage helps me understand how Christ loves the Church.




I can see why God calls himself a jealous God.  It's because he is.  I can see why Christ calls the church, even full of sinning - sometimes just bad people, close to his heart.

Krystel is my wife, and I want all of her.  Even the bad.  The good that makes me laugh, the sad that makes me cry.  I love her with all my heart and I want her, evertyhing.  Christ wants the Church like that.  Not that I am like Christ, not by any means - but we both do see our brides.

If I come to God and hold back parts of me that are shameful, pieces of my heart I don't think he would even want, then I am cheating Christ of his bride.  He loves me despite it, and he calls me, the church, to himself.

God wants all of us.  give him all of you.

0 comments: