9:18:00 PM

Shaking hands in church

Posted by Caleb Fleming |

There's nothing worse than a forced hand-shake.  And that's exactly the situation I find myself in right between worship and sermon.  Every Sunday, "Now, please greet the people around you." And I'm making small talk with people around me that I fully know I will never see again.  


If we are going to shake hands then I want to sit and talk for a while - I want to see the struggles they are having, and share some of my own.  

So I never know what to do when I'm shaking hands with a complete stranger.  Anybody else feel the same way about the awkward meet and greet? 

2 comments:

amy said...

I never liked hand-shaking time either.

Thanks for the tip about the peach tree. You're right, the rest of it isn't very stable. It has a bunch of dead branches on it, too. It may not be around too much longer.

Anonymous said...

I tend to think that forced hand-shaking becomes a time of dread for most people. It's different if you personally know everyone in church, but imagine when you're new?