1:55:00 PM

To move on - satisfaction.

Posted by Caleb Fleming |

I wonder sometimes what it would be like in a few yeras.  Not the "world" buthow I will be in a few years.  I think I wonder because sometimes I remember the past and want to recreate a specific moment.


Remembering as a kid what it felt like at a first kiss, or the first time I got to drive, even the first time I lost a good friend, even when I saw Krystel coming down the aisle at our wedding.  All those emotions are still kind of fresh in my mind.  Now I don't dwell on them - but I remember what those times felt like.

So years from now will I have those experiences again?  Never. 

I'm finding that too often people live for the past.  "I remember when...that was so much more fun than now."  And that's all fine but remember

World English Bible
Don't say, "Why were the former days better than these?" For you do not ask wisely about this.

The future is ours to hold onto.  Remembering the past is important - but it's more important to look to the future - being the person we are because of the past.  

Today holds so much for us - and so often we miss it because we're too busy trying to re-create yesterday.  Take note of today and enjoy it for what it is.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, I absolutely 100% agree.