7:53:00 PM

Construction

Posted by Caleb Fleming |

Krystel and I have been headed to the lake every weekend we've been available to help with the construction.  Clayton (my brother-in-law) does some construction, and at the end of May he demolished most of the existing house to rebuild it by the end of summer. Adding things in like, working plumbing, sockets that can take grounded plugs, and central air conditioning - he's got a plate full.  Did I mention that he's completely changed the floor-plan too?  Needless to say things got behind (it's a plate full after all) and we're out here on the weekends helping him and his dad, H.

Today Krystel and I cut down a 30 year old cottonwood tree.  We borrowed a chain saw from the neighbors and had at it.

I had to miss the lake, and miss the pump house - as you see it in the picture is how I cut it to fall.  I'm even pretty impressed with myself!

Only minor damage to the pump house (it's coming down in a couple of months anyways).
We started at noon and finished at 7:30.  What a tough job too - now I can't stand for too long - and I'm going to sleep like a baby!  Rough!
It feels good to have hard work under your belt too.  Also, I married a hoss - great hard work babe!

0 comments: